We believe that our responsibility is to offer excellent Education
Current Courses and Classes
Indian Institute of Design Mangalore is Affiliated to Mangalore University, approved by Govt.of Karnataka and managed by Aakrathi Education Trust(R.)
B.Sc.in Interior Design & Decoration – 3 Years
- Ability to conceptualize and design interior spaces for homes, retails, hotels, offices, museums, and public spaces, including entertainment spaces.
- Ability to start e-commerce portals with in-depth knowledge in the field of automated and graphic design.
- Learn the techniques of model making and 3D-printing.
- Learn how to work as an interior designer, visual merchandiser, and interior decorator.
Program Objectives :
Interior designing is a fast growing professional field with the real estate and construction industry playing a vital role in its growth. This program is for a person with an interest to learn the finer aspects of design and development. With an opportunity to constantly develop and evolve creativity, the designers should be constantly on their feet to explore market trends and learn through practical approaches. The program is designed to focus on creative planning and skilled execution of designs of interior spaces.
Eligibility: for I semester- II PUC or 10+2 (Arts, Science or Commerce)
For III semester (Lateral entry) – 3 year diploma in Civil / Architecture / Interior Design
Duration: 3 years for Regular / 2 years for Lateral entry
- The interdisciplinary module focuses on methodological and technical approach.
- Equips the learner with an understanding of various interior designs.
- A thematic and concise course to understand aspects such as furnishing, materials used and elements and principles of design to create harmony.
- The students will understand the revolutionizing trends of interior design by keeping in mind the varying tastes and preferences of different demographics and cultures.
- The program provides students with a platform to fully develop their latent creative and artistic skills and apply an imaginative and unconventional approach towards interior design.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge through regular interaction with industry experts and opportunity to participate in exhibitions and workshops.
- Students will create projects as a part of their final submission.
Diploma In Interior Design & Decoration – 2 Years
IID Mangalore Offers 2 years full-time program for the Diploma in Interior Design & Decoration
10th standard or equivalent.
B.Sc. in Fashion Design – 3 Years
The B.Sc in Fashion and Apparel Design is a well rounded UG course that involves the Theoretical and Practical applications of Fashion Design, Technology and Management. The course comprises of six semesters including, Language Studies, Fashion Illustration, Textile Studies, understanding the evolution of garment making and applying the art and science of
Apparel Construction & Production to the ever growing Fashion Industry, Fashion Marketing, and Retailing.
Eligibility: for I Semester- II PUC or 10+2 (Arts, Science or Commerce)
For III semester (Lateral entry) – 3 year diploma in ADFT / Textiles / Handlooms / Costume Designing.
Duration: 3 years for Regular / 2 years for Lateral entry.
Scope Of Course:
B.Sc Degree in fashion would arm a student with the knowledge to join entry level managerial positions such as Fashion Co-ordinators, Designers, Fashion Stylist, Fashion Analysts, Production Executives, Merchandisers, Pattern makers, Fashion Journalists, Photographers & Freelancers.
Diploma in Fashion Design – 2 Years
IID Mangalore Offers 2 years full time programme for the Diploma in Fashion Design.
10th standard or equivalent.